I’m not a good recipe person… I make things up as I go, so this is one of my creations. The Lazy Noodle Soup. This is what I make when I have a bunch of food in the frig but too lazy to cook. I take everything, toss it in the pot and add noodles. If the ingredients do not add enough flavor to the soup, add a can of chicken stock.
Watch the timing of tossing of various veggies and meats. Some need longer cooking time, some just a brief dip in the water.
For this particular day I have the following:
- Spare ribs (add first, cook completely before adding veggies)
- Lotus root (needs time to soften, add early with spare ribs)
- Shitaki mushroom (soak dried mushroom in water 10 min before cooking)
- Taro (cut in large cubes or it will disintegrate)
- Broccoli (add towards the end so it doesn’t get soggy)
- Bok-choy (add towards the end so it doesn’t get soggy)
- Shrimp (add next to last, will shrink if shell removed)
- Udon (add last)
Easy, fast, and yummy!