I made this little tree to put on my office window with a printer and cardboard box. I designed my own girlie pink/green tree in Illustrator but you can definitely draw a tree out or paint one on poster board.
- Cardboard (I used an old Crate&Barrel box)
- Printout of Christmas tree (or you can draw/paint one on poster paper)
- Colored lights
- Box cutter
- Command hook & strips
- Extension cord (optional)
- Cut out printout of tree
- Trace the printout on the cardboard and cut out.
- Poke holes throughout the tree for the lights.
- Insert some of the lights into the holes and tape the wire to the cardboard and paper.
- Using strips of cardboard, fold into squares to use as spacers.
- Glue spacers to the cardboard backing.
- Cut out a hole in the cardboard for the hook.
- Hang using the Command hook/strips.