Today, I have a sweet treat for you! I’m going to share a tutorial with you on how to make these cute washcloth lollipops. They are fun for table decorations at a baby shower or decorating the outside of a gift box. You can also make a bunch and place them neatly in a horizontal box for the mommy-to-be!
What you’ll need (makes 1 lollipop):
- 1 solid color washcloth (I bought mine at Marshall’s, look for coordinating sets)
- 1 striped, white, or patterned washcloth
- 1 lollipop stick (You can find these at Walmart or Michael’s in the baking section)
- white or pink tulle fabric (at least 6 in wide, 8 in is best; you can find these at Michael’s or a fabric store)
- sewing pin
- Fold each washcloth length-wise so that the strip is about 3/4 inch.
- Place the solid color washcloth under the other washcloth.
- Roll the washcloths together.
- Pin the end temporarily.
- Tape the lollipop stick to the back center.
- Measure out the tulle and cut.
- Measure out the ribbon to the desired length and cut.
- Remove the pin and while holding the washcloths, wrap with the tulle.
- Tie the tulle to the stick using the ribbon.
You could also make a round pop or just a wrapped candy (without a stick) and tie both ends. Try a piece of cellophane or felt instead of tulle. I encourage you to take a visit to your local candy shop for more inspiration and see what YOU can come up with.
“Creativity is contagious, pass it on” – Albert Einstein