My friend Gina just started her own blog, this is her first post–DIY baby portraits!
You don’t need a professional portrait studio to get professional looking photos of your newborn. With just a few household items (and tips) you can achieve photos like this in a matter of minutes!
what you’ll need:
- bobby pillow
- interesting backdrop (I used a wicker basket). Look around the house and you’ll be amazed at what you can repurpose!
- coordinating blanket (handmade blankets provide more interesting textures and can be a great way to show off Aunt Betty’s crochet work!)
- Natural lighting from a window
- Digital camera (I use a canon xsi with 50 mm lens). Any decent camera will do though.
- Photoshop is nice to have for editing colors and brightness, and converting to black & white/sepia.
- Use a room in the house where you have the most natural light. Choose a time of day where the sun isn’t too bright (like noon) casting harsh shadows.
View original post 274 more words