Hi creatives! This is the first DIY project in my “Recreate Challenge” series, where I try to recreate products I find at the stores. I found these cute hair elastic band lollipops at H&M and Charlotte Russe for $4 and decided to give it a try. Mine ended up being about $2. What do you think? I’ve posted a free printable template for you so you can recreate your own too! Plus, I’ve included a circle shape if you want to try that out.
- When tracing the shape on the cardboard, line up the bottom point with a hole.
- Erase the pencil marks on the shape before adding the elastic bands.
- Make sure you use durable corrugated cardboard or it might collapse while adding elastic bands.
- Corrugated lines must be vertical on the shape so you can slide in the lollipop stick.
- Use flat” elastic bands to prevent sliding on the cardboard.
- You might need to adjust the shape size depending on the hair elastic.