I know it’s the end of summer but gosh was it HOT today! It was the perfect day to blend some strawberry banana smoothies. Here’s a quick way to quench your thirst! You’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of sliced frozen strawberries (I slice and freeze mine at least a day before or you can pick up a bag in your frozen food section)
- 2 bananas (sliced in thirds)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
Toss everything in a blender and blend away. We get 2 full glasses from this batch. Enjoy!
If you love strawberries, I think you’ll love this recipe. Since it’s been so hot lately, I decided to experiment with various smoothie recipes. Rachael Ray’s summer magazine issue had a couple unique smoothie recipes, one of which is the Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie I tried today. It was pretty easy to make but I don’t think it was cool enough for this hot summer day…
**UPDATE! My cupcake was featured on MarthaStewart.com!** Check it out
Directions for decorating cupcakes
- Bake your favorite flavor cupcakes. I suggest chocolate for a good contrast with the frosting.
- Use a serrated knife to slice off the tops.
- Then, place the frosting on the cupcake.
- Take a small heart cookie cutter on the top.
- Place the top back on the cupcake over the layer of frosting.
- If desired, fill in the heart hole with more frosting.
- I used a small heart cookie cutter to cut a heart shape off the top and then placed it back on top of the layer of frosting.
If you’re in a rush, any box cake mix and canned frosting will do!
Happy Valentine’s Day,